Are you ready for the UrbaCity Challenge? Learn how UrbaCity is raising money to fight prostate cancer! Visit their website for more information on how YOU can sign up for their fun, challenging event!
We're here for you.
- Last year, The Prostate Centre helped 181 men and their families through the decision-making and healing phases of prostate cancer with counseling and follow-up sessions.
- We responded to 490 inquiries and visits from men who who concerned about their prostate health.
- Attendance at the Prostate Cancer Support Group averaged 50 people per month. Since its inception in 1992, more than 14,600 men along with their partners, families and friends have attended these meetings.
- Our Lending Library grew to over 200 print, audio and video titles. In addition to the sections on prostate cancer and prostate health, there are sections on nutrition, continence, sexual health and mental health.
- Educational presentations made at the Prostate Cancer Support Group meetings are now available online.
- Through our partnership with the Westcoast Motorcycle Ride to Live - Vancouver Island, we have been raised over $260,000 since 2010 to support local educational and research projects right here in our own community.
All of The Prostate Centre’s programs and services are free and no medical referral is required.
For more information on our programs and services, click here or call us at 250-388-0214 to talk to someone about your prostate health today.